• print
  • L
  • M
  • S
  • Font Size
Return to list

A little about Clinton Township

"Located on 28.1 square miles of gently rolling land in south-central Macomb County, Clinton Township's roots date back more than 200 years. It was settled as a missionary center by Moravian priests who travelled from Detroit along the Clinton River. These missionaries lived in a peaceful coexistence with a tribe of Chippewa Indians and established a trail along what is known today as Moravian Drive.

Clinton Township was formally organized as a General Law Township in 1827 but experienced numerous territorial boundary changes during the first half of this century. The community gained Charter status on April 3, 1989, however, thereby making further annexations much more difficult.

Primarily a residential suburb of Detroit, Clinton Township offers it citizens educational, cultural and recreational outlets. The community is home to more than 20 public schools representing five school districts, the Center Campus of Macomb County Community College and the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts.

Serving the resident's recreational needs is a high priority of the township. Presently, there are more than 24 recreational sites on more than 315 acres. Additionally, there are several county and state parks, such as Metropolitan Beach and Stony Creek Metro Parks. The Clinton River, which traverses through the township, also offers a wide variety of outdoor activities.

The Charter Township of Clinton has experienced considerable growth in commercial development throughout recent years. Nearly every residential area is situated within a short walking or driving distance from shopping and entertainment facilities. Medical and professional office development has occured in similarly rapid fashion. The industrial base has also experienced an increase, but to a lesser degree than the commerical base." (from ClintonTownship Commemorative Poster)

Clinton Township Website

Click here to E-mail Us! (yifa@gaia.eonet.ne.jp)
TEL:(int +81) 077-586-3106 / FAX:077-586-3139